Unemployed last year? Remember to include this on your tax forms

Photo credit Getty Images
By , Audacy

If you received unemployment benefits last year, there's information from a form you'll need to include with your state and federal income tax returns. It's a 1099-G form.

Kristin Richards, acting director of the Illinois Department of Employment Security, says some people chose to get the forms either in the mail or by email.

She says those who have not received the form can also access it online.

"To access their form online, claimants need to visit www.ides.illinois.gov," said Richards.

Richards says people who received standard unemployment benefits last year, as well as special benefits related to the COVID pandemic, are required to include information from the 1099-G form with their federal and state tax returns.

LISTEN on the Audacy App
Sign up and follow Audacy
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Featured Image Photo Credit: Getty Images