CHICAGO (WBBM NEWSRADIO) -- Hey all you pumpkin spice lovers! It's Shannon with this week's Cocktail of the Week, and I've got just the cocktail to get you through these crisp fall days.
This week's cocktail is called the Nutty Pumpkin.
When I visited Southern Michigan last month, I stopped at Round Barn Winery and tried their Black Walnut Cream liqueur that's super delicious! And then I was left wondering what I could mix it with and found on their website this recipe that just screams autumn!
But don't worry, you don't have to travel to Michigan for this key ingredient. You can find it right here in the Chicagoland area at any Binny's.
The Nutty Pumpkin cocktail calls for vodka, Round Barn Black Walnut Cream, pumpkin spice creamer, and a cinnamon stick for garnish. And if you're really in the mood for a treat, you can line your glass with a drizzle of caramel.
So who's ready to mix things up?
• 1 ounce of vodka
• 0.5 ounce of Round Barn Black Walnut Cream
• 1.5 ounces of pumpkin spice creamer
• Cinnamon stick for garnish
• Caramel syrup (optional)
1. In a shaker with ice, combine all ingredients (vodka, Black Walnut Cream, and pumpkin spice creamer) and shake thoroughly.
2. Line a low ball glass with caramel and add ice.
3. Strain mixture into glass.
4. Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
5. Enjoy your Nutty Pumpkin.