WARREN (WWJ) – Four juvenile suspects have been arrested after a shooting in Warren last week left multiple schools – including Macomb Community College and Warren Woods Tower High School – locked down.
Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer announced Monday four boys, all ages 16 and 17, were arrested at Woods Tower on Monday afternoon.
While no guns were located during their arrests, the investigation continues. Authorities are still looking for a fifth suspect believed to be involved in the incident.
Last Thursday the two schools, along with Briarwood Elementary, were placed under lockdown for about two hours out of an abundance of caution during after-school hours as police investigated a shooting near Martin and Bunert – in the area of 12 Mile and Hayes Roads.
A male victim with several gunshot wounds was found sitting in a blue sedan that had crashed into the driveway of a nearby home. The victim, whose name and age have not been released, was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
His condition was not updated on Monday.
While a possible motive in the case has not been disclosed, Dwyer said last week it was “not random and may have stemmed from "some sort of prearranged transaction between the suspect(s) and victim."
In a press release Monday, he said the department “has zero tolerance” for crimes in neighborhoods and school zones.
“Such incidents are incredibly rare in Warren, however, when they occur, the men and women of this Department make locating and arresting those responsible their number one priority,” he said. “We tend to seek any and all applicable criminal charges against those involved, including armed robbery and attempted murder.”
More details surrounding the shooting are expected to be released at a press conference on Tuesday morning.