VAN BUREN TWP. (WWJ) – Investigators say the medical examiner has determined a body that was hit several times by unknowing drivers on a western Wayne County freeway Tuesday night is a man.
Michigan State Police made the update on social media Wednesday morning, almost 12 hours after drivers first reported there was an object that had been struck and caused a crash on westbound I-94 near Haggerty in Van Buren Township.
When troopers showed up, they discovered the unknown object was a human body.
MSP officials say the body had been hit multiple times and the first vehicle that hit the body pulled off the freeway at Belleville Road.
Authorities initially said the body was that of a women, but the medical examiner was able to identify the remains were a male resident of Van Buren Township.
His family has been notified, troopers said.
It was not immediately clear whether the man was alive at the time of the initial crash.
All lanes of the freeway are blocked, with traffic backed up to I-275 as authorities investigated.
Stay tuned to WWJ Newsradio 950 for the latest details on this developing story. >>> LISTEN LIVE!






