Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

Northbound I-75 closed as State Police investigate freeway shooting

I-75 freeway shoooting
Mike Campbell/WWJ - FILE

(WWJ) Michigan State Police have shut down a stretch of I-75, Friday afternoon, following another shooting on the freeway.

MSP said troopers with the Metro South Post were contacted by the Detroit Police Department about a "road rage" incident that happened along I-75, near Warren Ave.


The alleged victim went to a local police precinct to report that someone on the freeway shot at him.

No injuries reported.

At this time, there is no description available of the suspect vehicle, and no further details available about the incident.

MSP said the northbound side of the freeway would be closed for an evidence search, but did not say for how long. As of 2:30 p.m., all northbound lanes were blocked, with troopers on the freeway.

This incident comes following an ongoing string of freeway shootings in metro
Detroit, beginning last summer. Police said none of the shootings so far have been related, but that many of them are road rage-related.

Stay with WWJ Newsradio 950 for updates during traffic and weather on the 8s.