Cantrell: No outdoor dining, no curbside pickup in NOLA

75756A5E-120A-4932-810C-2FD980DB785E

New Orleans Mayor LaToya Cantrell, who extended the city's stay-home orders through May 16 earlier this month, said the changes Gov. John Bel Edwards announced in the extension of the state's stay-home order will not apply to New Orleans.

Gov. Edwards extended Louisiana's stay-home order through May 15, but said restaurants will be allowed to have outdoor dining (but no waiter service) and stores can offer curbside pickup for customers.

Mayor Cantrell today posted on her Twitter account that within the city, restaurants will not be allowed to have outdoor seating, and stores may not operate curbside pickup.

The Governor’s announcement will not result in any changes to the existing #StayHome mandate in Orleans Parish. Restaurants will not be allowed to host curbside seating and stores will not be allowed to open curbside delivery. Yesterday, I issued the following statement ⬇️ pic.twitter.com/IABw2BdvlO

— Mayor LaToya Cantrell (@mayorcantrell) April 28, 2020