Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

Known gang member, parolee arrested in shooting near 2 kids in the Bronx

Suspect
NYPD

Warning: The video in this story is graphic.

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) – A man has been arrested in last week's Bronx shooting that injured one man and left two children running for cover, officials said.


During a press conference on Friday afternoon, police identified the suspected gunman as 27-year-old Michael Lopez.

Lopez, is facing charges for attempted murder, assault, reckless endangerment and weapons in last Thursday incident in Mount Eden.

Officials arrested Lopez Friday morning at his stepfather's house at the Taino Towers in Harlem just days after the NYPD released a surveillance image of a person of interest in the shooting.

According to police Lopez, a known gang member, has five prior arrests on his record, including an active case for a knifepoint subway robbery that occurred last January, authorities added.

He's currently on parole for an attempted murder that he was arrested for in 2014.

The two kids—a 10-year-old girl and her 5-year-old brother—were caught in the crossfire of the shooting on Sheridan Avenue in the Claremont section last Thursday evening, police said.

The children were not physically injured. A 24-year-old man was shot multiple times in the back and legs. He is still recovering and is expected to survive, police said.

Disturbing video of the shooting shows the 24-year-old running into the two young siblings, who fall to the ground with him. The gunman then comes up and shoots the man at close range as the kids duck beside him.

Police previously said that in addition to the gunman, they were searching for a man who drove a getaway scooter.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.

SuspectNYPD