NEW YORK (1010 WINS) — An 18-year-old man was charged with murder for allegedly firing multiple gunshots at a car outside a fast-food restaurant in Queens last week, Queens District Attorney Melinda Katz announced Friday.
Rayvon Phillip was arraigned Wednesday on murder and criminal possession of a weapon charges.
According to the charges, on Sept. 27, between 10:15 and 10:20 p.m., video surveillance footage shows Phillip outside a McDonald's restaurant located at 221-12 South Conduit Ave. in Springfield Gardens.
A car is seen on video driving by the restaurant with four males inside, including 18-year-old passenger Akim Cisse. As the car drove past, Phillip allegedly pointed a firearm and shot at the vehicle approximately three times., prosecutors said.
Cisse, who was seated in the passenger seat of the car, sustained a single gunshot to the back of the head.
The victim was transported to a local area hospital where he lost brain function and died hours later.
"My office is committed to the prosecution and conviction of those who seek to unleash terror on our streets. According to the charges, the defendant indiscriminately fired multiple times outside a fast-food restaurant in Springfield Gardens and killed an 18-year-old seated in a car," DA Katz said. "This was a completely senseless act of gun violence, and we will aggressively investigate and prosecute those that destabilize our communities."





