SportsRadio94WIP's Turkey Bowl V (94WIP.com/turkeybowl). Joe DeCamara, Jon Ritchie, and Howard Eskin call a High School Thanksgiving Day football game broadcasted live on 94.1 WIP-FM.
Our competition is open to High Schools (9th to 12th grade) in the Philly eight-county area! Athletic Directors & School Administrators, submit your schools now!
We are giving away $3,000 in prizes to each rival school this year!
Enter your Local High School Thanksgiving Day High School Football Rivalry Game beginning on Thursday, August 31, 2023 and ending on Friday September 29, 2023 at 11:59pm. Please fill out the contest form below.
Seven Rival Games finalists will be announced on Tuesday October 3, 2023 during the WIP Morning Show with Joe DeCamara & Jon Ritchie and voting will begin and last through Friday October 27th 2023.
VOTING: Students, faculty, family members, administrators, alumni and members of the general public will be encouraged to vote for their favorite Thanksgiving Day (November 23, 2023). Voting begins on October 3, 2023 and ends on October 27, 2023.
High School athletics in schools are extremely important to us, and we want to get the word out!
The winning Local High School Thanksgiving Day HIgh School Football Rivalry Game will be announced on Thursday, November 2, 2023 during the WIP Morning Show with Joe DeCamara & Jon Ritchie.
NOMINATE your Local High School Thanksgiving Day High School Football Rivalry Game below!
The 94WIP Turkey Bowl is presented by Hatfield, Find your Flavor with Hatfield
For more details and a history of Turkey Bowl, click HERE.
Contest Dates:August 31, 2023 at 7:45am ET through September 29, 2023 at 11:59pm ET
WIP TURKEY BOWL
Official Contest Rules
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Audacy Pennsylvania, LLC, d/b/a WIP (collectively the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available on the Station’s website at www.94wip.com/rules. As a preventative measure in light of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, copies of the specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules will not be available at the Station’s studio. To the extent the Station’s general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the WIP “Turkey Bowl” (the “Contest”).
2. Schools (grades 9 -12) wishing to participate may be public or private, but must be located in one the following counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties and in New Jersey: Burlington, Camden, Gloucester counties (each an “Eligible School”).
3. From approximately 7:45am (ET) on Thursday, August 31, 2023 until 11:59pm (ET) on Friday, September 29, 2023, 9-12 grade Athletic directors and/or school administrators (hereafter referred to as a “Representative” or an “Entrant”) will be encouraged to nominate their Thanksgiving Day (November 23, 2023) High School Football Rivalry Match Up. Visit the “Contests” page on the Station website at www.94wip.com/contests and click the “Turkey Bowl” link, and complete the online submission form including your first and last names, email address, phone number, zip code, and the high school rivalry football game that is scheduled to be played on Thanksgiving Day November 23, 2023, between two (2) Eligible Schools (each a “Rivalry Game”). The Rivalry Game must take place on November 23, 2023 to be eligible to win the Winning Schools Prize (as defined in Section 8 below) in this Contest.
4. IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF ALL REPRESENTATIVES/ENTRANTS TO CHECK IN ADVANCE WITH THE ELIGIBLE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS TO DETERMINE WHETHER OR NOT THE ELIGIBLE SCHOOLS INTEND TO ACCEPT THE PRIZE IN THE EVENT OF SELECTION.
How to Win
5. At approximately 10:00am (ET) on Monday, October 2, 2023 Station staff and/or management (“Station Judges”) will review all eligible Rivalry Games nominated and select up to seven (7) Rivalry Games based upon any lawful criteria as determined by the Station Judges in their sole discretion, subject to verification of Contest eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules (each a “Finalist Game”).
6. From approximately 7:00am (ET) on Tuesday, October 3, 2023 through 11:59pm (ET) on Friday, October 27, 2023 (the “Voting Period”), students, faculty, family members, administrators, alumni and members of the general public will be encouraged to vote for their favorite Thanksgiving Day (November 23, 2023) Rivalry Game from among the seven (7) Finalist Games on the Station website at www.94wip.com. All Finalist Games will be posted on the Station’s website at www.94wip.com for listener voting until 11:59pm (ET) on Friday, October 27, 2023.
a. In the event that an authorized Representative of any school listed as a Finalist Game contacts the Station prior to the completion of this Contest and requests that Station remove them from participation in this Contest, these Contest rules and any associated list and webpage will be updated as promptly as is reasonably practical by Station to eliminate that school's name, that school’s Rivalry Game, and participation in this Contest, and any Votes for that Finalist Game shall be forfeited and disqualified from this Contest (i.e., Votes will not be allocated to any other Finalist Game).
b. There is no limit on the number of votes per listener, but use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar modes of voting may be prohibited by Station if Station determines (in its sole discretion) that some or all of such modes are adversely affecting the Contest in any way (as determined by Station in its sole discretion) and, in such case, any suspicion by Station (whether accurate or not) may result in voter or Finalist Game being disqualified from any further participation or winning in this Contest, in Station’s sole discretion.
7. At approximately 10:30am (ET) on Tuesday, October 31, 2023, a panel of Station judges will review and judge all Finalist Games, and based on any lawful criteria they deem desirable, will select up to one (1) Finalist Game as the winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Contest Rules (the “Winning Schools”). The Winning Schools will be announced on Thursday, November 2, 2023, provided that confirmation of potential Winning Schools’ willingness to accept the Winning Schools Prize is confirmed in time. Station judges may take the number of votes received for each Finalist Game into consideration (but are not obligated to) but voting will not be the determining factor in the selection of the Winning Schools.
a. A Station representative will contact the potential Winning Schools via phone on Tuesday, October 31, 2023 via email and/or telephone to explain the prize to the Winning Schools’ principals or other administrators in charge, and determine if the potential Winning School is willing to accept the Winning Schools Prize. If either of the potential Winning Schools rejects the Winning Schools Prize or fails to respond or satisfy any deadline set by the Station, Station will have the right to immediately disqualify the Finalist Game and, time permitting, award the Winning Schools Prize to the next Finalist Game that the Station judges select, based on any lawful criteria that they deem desirable, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Contest Rules, and subject to that potential Winning Schools accepting the Winning Schools Prize as the Winning Schools. This process will continue until a Winning Schools accepts the Winning Schools Prize and completes all necessary paperwork, however, if the Station does not have a confirmed Prize Winning Schools by November 14, 2023 for any reason (including, without limitation, failure to provide any information required by Station), Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to award the Winning Schools Prize at all.
b. LISTENER VOTING IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY AND WILL NOT BE A DETERMINING FACTOR IN SELECTING THE WINNING SCHOOLS FOR THIS CONTEST. LISTENER VOTES MAY BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION, BUT WILL NOT BE THE DETERMINING FACTOR AS TO WHICH SCHOOLS WILL BE THE WINNING SCHOOLS IN THIS CONTEST.
8. The two (2) verified Winning Schools will have their Thanksgiving Day (November 23, 2023) High School Football Rivalry Match Up broadcasted live on 94WIP and each school will be awarded $3,000.00, subject to eligibility and acceptance of the Winning Schools Prize by Winning Schools’ principals or other administrators in charge (the “Winning Schools Prize”).
a. The $3,000.00 award will be in the form of a corporate check made payable to each Winning Schools’ athletic program. Check may take up to twelve (12) weeks to receive and will be mailed directly to the Winning Schools, subject eligibility, the acceptance of the full Winning Schools Prize and the completion of required paperwork.
9. If the either of Winning Schools’ principals or other administrators in charge refuse to accept the full Winning Schools Prize on or before November 14, 2023 as set forth herein, then the Winning Schools Prize will be forfeited and no substitute prize will be awarded to that school and the Winning Schools Prize may be re-awarded (in Station’s sole discretion, as described in Section 7 above).
a. The Principals or other authorized school board or administrators will be required to sign a release agreement in the form attached hereto as Attachment A as a condition of being awarded the Winning Schools Prize and must return the original to Station on November 14, 2023 (or such alternative date for an alternate winner as determined by Station, if applicable). Winning Schools shall provide Station with a copy of its tax ID form and any other documentation Station requires as determined in its sole discretion as a condition of accepting the Winning Schools Prize. The Winning Schools’ representatives signing the release agreement may be asked to provide proof of authority at the request of the Station prior to the awarding of any prize. No school will be deemed a Winning School in this Contest until the foregoing has been completed in a timely manner.
b. The Winning Schools shall be responsible to provide an adequate location/venue, like the school’s football field, to host the broadcast and shall be responsible for any associated costs in hosting the broadcast. The broadcast will occur on November 23, 2023 at a time to be mutually agreed upon by Winning Schools and the Station. In the event that there is no mutually agreeable time for the broadcasting of game or the Winning Schools is unable to accommodate the date, then the Winning Schools Prize shall be forfeited by the Winning Schools and no substitute prize shall be awarded to the Winning Schools.
c. In the event that the appropriate school administrator and/or principal declines to accept the Winning Schools Prize and/or forfeits the Winning Schools Prize for any reason, then the Station will have no obligation to re-award the Winning Schools Prize and the Winning Schools will forfeit the Winning Schools Prize in its entirety. In the event that Station elects to re-award the Winning Schools Prize in such event (and time permitting), the Station judges will select two (2) “Alternate Winning Schools” based on any lawful criteria Station Judges deem desirable from the remaining Finalist Games.
d. The Winning Schools Prize Winner or Alternate Winning Schools (if applicable) School’s Principal, Director, and/or Administrators has sole responsibility to determine, which members of its faculty, staff and student body may or may not attend the broadcasted game.
e. PERSONS WHO VOTE ON BEHALF OF THE WINNING SCHOOL ARE NOT WINNERS IN THIS CONTEST. THE ONLY WINNERS IN THIS CONTEST ARE THE SPECIFIC WINNING SCHOOLS THAT WILL BE AWARDED THE PRIZE.
f. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated on air, no school will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Station and all required paperwork (including, without limitation, liability release agreements) requested by Station have been executed by the appropriate authorized school officials by the deadline required by Station or these Contest rules.
g. NO INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT/REPRESENTATIVE IS ENTITLED TO ANY PRIZE IN THIS CONTEST.
12. The sponsors of this Contest are Audacy Pennsylvania, LLC, d/b/a WIP-FM.
Other Rules Specific to This Contest