Bar Rescue's Chef Brian Duffy joins Jenn & Bill to help them celebrate St. Patrick's Day the right way with the right food. He goes into his perfect recipes for two Irish favorites, corned beef and cabbage and shepherd's pie.
Corned Beef and Cabbage Tips:
-Buy a corned Beef that is set up for you and follow the instructions BUT:
• Add more peppercorns to water than recommended
• Add crushed chili peppers to water
• add beer, Chef Duffy likes Yuengling
• Cabbage should go in a steamer basket in the water
• Mix the blanch Cabbage with butter and onions and let it sit for a minute of two
• Flip it over and get color on both sides
You can even do a little something different with Corned Beef and Cabbage Cheesesteaks you can see Chef Brian Duffy making below!
Shepherd's Pie Tips:
-Make Fresh Gravy
• When you are getting into gravy part, add water to pull up brown bits that you are searing off, switch out a quarter of the liquids with some Guinness with either a touch of honey (1 TSB)
Check out more audio and shows from Jenn & Bill below!