I'm a fan of recipes that are yummy and look fairly easy to complete. Unless it's breakfast type breads, I tend to stay away from bread baking. Many times it's time consuming, and I don't get the results I'm hoping for. Well, this Bread in a Bag recipe from Delish caught my eye. It looks like it's on the easier side of bread baking, fun and yummy too. It's listed as a kiddo friendly recipe. Could be a winner for all. Quick, easy & yummy w/ the holiday season coming would Rock too! Here's how they do it ...
honey Ted, Rudy Roo & I will need to try this out soon. Let me know if you do. - Heather R.
BREAD IN A BAGINGREDIENTS
- Cooking spray, for 2 mini loaf pans
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 .25 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375º and spray mini loaf pans with cooking spray. In a resealable plastic bag, place 1 cup flour, sugar, and yeast and add warm water.
- Seal bag and squish together with your hands to mix. Let rest 10 minutes at room temperature. (Yeast should activate.) Add 1 cup flour, oil, and salt to the bag, then seal and squish together.
- Add remaining cup of flour and mix until combined. Remove from bag and knead 5 minutes until smooth. Halve dough and place in two loaf pans. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise 30 minutes.
- Brush top of bread with olive oil or melted butter and bake until golden, about 30 minutes.