Oh Em Gee!!
Someone shopping a yard sale found an old McCall's Magazine from the '50s called "129 Ways to Get a Husband." And a lot of the suggestions are just ridiculous. Like one of them that just says, "Be friendly to ugly men."
Here are a few more BAD pieces of advice on how to find a guy . . .
1. "Get a job demonstrating fishing tackle in a sporting goods store."
2. "Get lost at a football game."
3. "Don't take a job at a company run mostly by women."
4. "Learn to paint, [then] set up an easel outside an engineering school."
5. This is Wicker's favorite - "Read the obituaries to find eligible widowers."
6. "Wear a Band-Aid. People always ask what happened."
7. "Stand in a corner and cry softly. Chances are good that he'll come over to find out what's wrong."
8. "Get a sunburn." (???)