Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

Detroit parents accused of killing 8-year-old son charged with murder, child abuse in what prosecutor calls 'chilling' case

mugshots of Detroit parents charged
Jamarr Hill, left, and Kentoria Moss.
Detroit PD

DETROIT (WWJ) — Charges have been filed against a pair of Detroit parents accused in the murder of their 8-year-old son last week.

Jamarr Hill, 37, has been charged with felony murder and first-degree child abuse, while 31-year-old Kentoria Moss is facing charges of second-degree murder and lying to a peace officer.


Around 12:30 a.m. last Friday, Nov. 8, Detroit police were called to the family's home on Clairmount Avenue, near Woodward and Chicago Avenues, according to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office.

While the prosecutor's office says the young boy's cause of death was multiple blunt force trauma to the head, officials have not released any details other than to say Hill and Moss allegedly fatally assaulted their son.

The boy was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

"The alleged facts in this case are chilling," Prosecutor Kym Worthy said, per a press release. "The defendants in this case worked in tandem to beat and eventually kill this poor child — two adults against an 8-year-old. Little Adren had zero chance of surviving."

Hill and Moss were arraigned Tuesdays afternoon in 36th District Court. Hill was remanded to jail without bond, according to the prosecutor's office. Moss' bond was set at $500,000 cash.