Skip to content

Condition: Post with Page_List

Listen
Search
Please enter at least 3 characters.

Latest Stories

Toddler returned unharmed after police say her father took her from mother at knifepoint

Missing child Miyah Macon (left), and suspect Najja Macon
Missing child Miyah Macon (left), and suspect Najja Macon.
Detroit Police

DETROIT (WWJ) -- Police say a little girl is back home safe after an alleged parental kidnapping in Detroit.

Police said Tuesday morning they were searching for 2-year-old Miyah Macon who was allegedly taken from her home by her father, without permission, at around 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 27.


According to investigators, the father — identified as 35-year-old Najja Macon — broke into the house in the 14200 block on Dale and pulled a knife on the child's mother.

Police said the suspect then ran to an upstairs bedroom, grabbed Miyah and fled the scene in a silver 2011 Ford Fusion.

Police released photos of the suspect and the child asking for tips.

Later, the DPD sent an update stating that Miyah had been returned and is doing fine.

Police did not say whether the father was arrested or if he is expected to face any charges.

More on today's top stories: