It was yet another day of perfect attendance for the New Orleans Saints, but there are 10 players nursing injuries, according to Thursday's injury report.
No one missed practice, but many were limited as they gear up for a Week 3 showdown with the Carolina Panthers.
Here's the full list, along with their participation each day (LP = limited)
- CB Paulson Adebo (ankle): LP | LP
- RB Alvin Kamara (rib): LP | LP
- RT Ryan Ramczyk (elbow): LP | LP
- WR Tre'Quan Smith (shoulder): LP | LP
- TE Taysom Hill (rib): LP | LP
- S Marcus Maye (rib): LP | LP
- QB Jameis Winston (back/ankle): LP | LP
- FB Adam Prentice (shoulder): LP | LP
- WR Deonte Harty (foot): LP | LP
- Alontae Taylor (knee): n/a | LP
The lone change on the Saints' side came with the rookie cornerback Alontae Taylor, who appeared on Thursday's list with a knee issue after not being listed on the first injury report of the week. He had been battling a hip issue throughout training camp.
But staying the same is good news for a handful of players, including Paulson Adebo and Alvin Kamara, both of whom missed Week 2. Adebo returned to practice for the first time this week since suffering an ankle injury prior to the preseason finale against the Chargers. Saints head coach Dennis Allen indicated that Kamara was very close to playing against the Bucs, but he was inactive for the final two days of practice ahead of that game. His ability to get on the field on Wednesday and Thursday of this week is a positive sign.
On the Panthers' side the numbers are much lower, but the impact is similar. That list includes:
- CB Donte Jackson (hamstring): LP | LP
- RB Christian McCaffrey (ankle): DNP | LP
- LB Frankie Luvu (shoulder): n/a | LP
- Stanley Thomas-Olivier (achilles): n/a | LP
The final three names on that list were Thursday additions, with McCaffrey's name the most notable. According to Thursday's report he was inactive in Wednesday's practice, though the ankle issue has been reported as minor.