Mediterranean Tuna Salad
12 ounce can solid white albacore tuna packed in water, drained
1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
¼ cup celery, diced
1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
2 to 3 tablespoons mayo
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 to 3 teaspoon good Dijon mustard (I used 3)
½ to 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill - I used 1 teaspoon (Cook’s note: if you prefer you can use ¼ cup chopped dill pickles or ¼ teaspoon or less of dried dill.)
¼ teaspoon salt
Fresh cracked pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste (optional)
Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
1. Add drained tuna to a medium size mixing bowl.
2. Break apart the tuna.
3. Add olives, onion, fresh dill, salt, chopped celery and optional garlic powder, cracked pepper and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
4. Stir in olive oil.
5. Add mayo and Dijon mustard.
6. Mix well. Taste and add more salt or dill if desired.
7. Makes 3 to 4 sandwiches.
· Add an additional tablespoon of mayo or olive if you want a creamier tuna salad.
· You can also serve tuna salad over arugula or mixed greens and drizzle with your favorite salad dressing or a drizzle of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) and fresh-squeezed lemon or orange juice.