The "real" reporters and "serious" journalists were quick to place blame on President Trump Monday for the death of an Arizona who they claimed ingested as form of chloroquine - only to find out that the man had ingested a fish tank cleaner that contained a similar chemical.
The story from Reuters stated that the man died and his wife was in critical condition after they had ingested chloroquine phosphate, a type of aquarium cleaner similar to the drug President Trump has named as a possible vaccine for the coronavirus.
However, many media outlets rushed to report that the man had died from taking "chloroquine." From Axios:
BuzzFeed reported something similar, claiming, "A Man Died After Self-Medicating With A Drug Trump Promoted As A Potential Treatment For The Coronavirus."