OXFORD (WWJ) – A teenager from Oxford Township is in custody at the Oakland County Children's Village after allegedly making a social media threat to kill Jewish people Wednesday night.
Authorities got wind of the 14-year-old's alleged threats around 7 p.m. Wednesday and a little more than an hour later Oakland County Sheriff's deputies had arrested him.
The sheriff's office says shortly after 7 p.m. they got a call from an FBI agent who reported the teen had posted on social media pictures of three handguns and claimed he would kill unspecified people of Jewish descent at the Legacy Center (Urban Air) on Lapeer Road in Oxford Township.
Deputies were sent out to the facility at 7:20 p.m. but found nothing unusual. Further investigation led them to an address in Oxford where the teen and his family live.
Shortly after 8 p.m., deputies showed up and spoke with the boy's parents, who gave their permission to question their son, who admitted to posting the pictures on social media and making the threatening statements, including having access to firearms.
The sheriff's office says three handguns belonging to the father were taken from the home, as were multiple live rounds found in the boy's bedroom.
The teen, whose name has not been released, was arrested and lodged at Children's Village. He is being held without bond. A hearing on Thursday was adjourned until Oct. 19.
Authorities have not said exactly what charges the teen will be facing.
A threat at South Lyon East High School last week resulted in the arrest of a student on Oct. 6. Three other juveniles have been identified for making threats recently at schools in Orion Township, Pontiac, and Rochester Hills. Detectives are investigating a threat made today at a school in Independence Township.






