While Thanksgiving is going to look a little different for many people this year, one thing that will likely stay the same is the array of delicious, festive foods. However one tradition you may want to change is making a Thanksgiving plate for your pets. According to one Veterinarian, a few small boneless pieces of cooked turkey, a taste of mashed potato or even a lick of pumpkin pie shouldn’t pose a problem to some pets. The key is not overindulge. Allowing pets to chow down on too many treats could lead to major discomfort, with a case of stomach upset, diarrhea or even worse—an inflammatory condition of the pancreas known as pancreatitis. Plus, with COVID-19 protocols many veterinary clinics are staggering their bookings, and may not be able to see your pet as easily as they would in prior years. Even veterinary emergency clinics are seeing record numbers of cases regarding minor injuries and ailments. So make sure your pets stay clear of raw turkey and turkey bones. Raw turkey may contain salmonella bacteria. Salmonella can make your dog or cat sick, but it’s even more likely to make them carriers for the bacteria and spread it to people in your home. Plus the hollow bones of a turkey can splinter and puncture your pet's stomach. Keep the stuffing away from your pets too. The herbs and spices are the problem her. Sage, which is used in many stuffing recipes, contain essential oils and resins that can cause gastrointestinal upset and central nervous system depression in pets, especially cats. Desserts can contain artificial sweeteners, like xylitol, that can cause low blood sugar and liver damage in dogs. If you suspect your pet has eaten any potentially toxic foods, make a note of the amount ingested and contact your veterinarian or the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435.