HOUSTON (SportsRadio 610)- Even with the Texans roster ravaged by positive COVID-19 tests, Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Chargers will be played as scheduled, head coach David Culley announced Friday morning.
The Texans placed six players on the Reserve/COVID-19 List on Thursday, running their number up to 23, which includes one practice squad player and one player already on injured reserve.
Friday's round of testing had not revealed any new positives when Culley spoke to the media at 10:30 am. In order for a vaccinated player to be activated from the Reserve/COVID-19 List he must register two negative tests within 24 hours. Culley said he's hopeful linebacker Christian Kirksey and defensive end DeMarcus Walker could be activated before Sunday's game.
The Chargers are experiencing a COVID outbreak of their own, with 11 players currently on the Reserve/COVID-19 List, but Culley said he was unaware of any discussion about the possibility of moving Sunday's game a day or two.
"The whole league is having these problems," Culley said.
After playing every game as scheduled through the first 14 weeks of the season, the NFL had to push three games back 48 hours last week. The week 16 schedule has not been adjusted despite multiple teams dealing COVID issues.





